Saturday, June 08, 2013

Welcome to New Beginnings - My Bio


Bill Godsil Sturgis Scoopers head football coach
by Bill Godsil
Sturgis Brown High School Head Football Coach
Follow @CoachGodsil


I got my first taste for coaching when I took a year off from college in 1992. I went back home and volunteered for Montrose High School in Colorado. After finishing my degree in 2000, I began my coaching career in 2001 as the Defensive Coordinator for the 8th grade team and Centennial Junior High in Montrose.

I moved to the high school level the next year as the DB and WR coach for Montrose High School, the following season I would become Offensive Coordinator and Head JV Coach for the next two seasons. I took my first head coaching job in 2006 at Bagdad High School in Bagdad, Arizona.  We made it to the playoffs for the first time in six years and built a successful program that climbed to a #1 ranking in the state before moving on to Miami High School in Miami, Arizona for a year.

The next year I took a jump-up in classification moving up to 5A program Gallup High School in Gallup, New Mexico. For family reasons I we only stayed in Gallup a year. Luckily, for me there was an opening in Grand Junction High School in Colorado working for Coach Robbie Owens. I was hired as DB coach in 2010, moved to offense in 2011 as WR coach and when the DC position opened, Coach Owens saw it fit to promote me to DC for the 2012 season.

In my time with Coach Owens and the Grand Junction High School Tigers, we were 27-7 and were a force in 5A Colorado football.  During my time as Defensive Coordinator this past season, we were ranked in the Top 10 defensively in 5A in Coloarado.  We were Top 5 in tackles and sacks in 5A and also had the leading tackler in the state.  In 10 games, this past season we gave up an average of 155 yards a game rushing and 85 yards passing.

No comments:

Footlocker.com