Sunday, June 09, 2013

A Crash Course to get started

Sturgis Scoopers football


by Bill Godsil
Sturgis Brown High School Head Football Coach
Follow @CoachGodsil


Jeff Fisher's Editor's Note: This blog was written Thursday as Coach Godsil was on his way to a camp in Sturgis that's taking place this weekend.

As I sit in my hotel room in Casper, Wyoming on my way to Sturgis, my mind is racing and sleep is hard to come by.

The biggest concerns I have that keep racing through my mind are will they be able to grasp the offense and defense with only two crash course meetings this weekend?  Will we gel as a team?  Will they respond to my coaching style?  Will they feed off of my passion and energy?  After taking three years off as a head coach, this is my new beginning and it's Sturgis Brown's new beginning, since they have not won in a consecutive manner.  To help with the transition to my system for camp, I have shrunk the playbook to the base plays so they can develop a solid base to grow.  My goals  going into team camp at Chadron State is 1.) Develop team chemistry.  2.). Be competitive in team settings.  3.) Develop the belief that we can compete with anyone and build confidence.  4.). Stay healthy. 5.). Have fun and build excitement.
Well that's all for now.  I will give some highlights from camp next week.
Sturgis Brown high school football field

Home stands at Scoopers' Woodle Field

Sturgis Scoopers high school football scoreboard

Scoopers' Scoreboard


Black Hills South Dakota

The beautiful Black Hills

Welcome to Sturgis South Dakota

Welcome to Sturgis, South Dakota

No comments:

Footlocker.com